Stats for the Terror Legion’s nefarious leader, Dr. DNApe!
Images and background on Dr. DNApe can be found in the Invulnerable RPG Vigilante Edition page 325, and he can be seen on the back cover of Metagene. Stats are included for both Champions 4th and 6th Editions; note a few things.
- I’m not a “charops” guy. I’ve never found optimizing to be fun, and I think it rather kills the fun in any point-based game. It’s just too easy, without adding anything to the game. Indeed, perfectly-designed villains can be very frustrating for PCs to fight! What you see is the spirit of the concept, warts and all.
- The 4th Edition version was written up with Hero Creator. The 6th Edition version with Hero Designer.
- The two sets of stats aren’t intended to be identical; both are conversions of the spirit of the original Invulnerable stats, not precise copies. Similarly, they’re not directly based on one another. I did the 4th Edition stats first, and referred back to them, but that’s it.
- When I was writing up a bunch of characters for 4th Edition, I fell into the habit of assigning XP in blocks of 25 pts. I don’t know why, it’s just a nice number and “felt right”, so I’ve stuck with it.
- The 6th Edition version assumes a Low-Powered Supers (300-pt., 60 pts. Complications) game. This is in keeping with the feel and spirit of the Earth-Omega setting, and my “sweet spot” for Champions in general.
So, that said, enjoy!
- Champions 4th Edition (100 pts. + 250 XP): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxxvpvwPDliYcWxoRTZLcHYxVDA
- Champions 6th Edition (300 pts. + 417 XP): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxxvpvwPDliYZWI4SkNia3htM0k